The Super Tool 300 is the fourth tool in its line. The first three in order are the Super Tool, Super Tool 200 and the Core. This tool went back to a more classic design doing away with the box shape and Zytel inserts of the Core. It is a very heavy duty built multitool that is designed and built for the professional that works hard for a living in mind. The first Leatherman to have removable 154CM wire cutters and cut outs in the handle to access the knife blades even with gloves on. This tool is built to stand up to years of hard use.
- It has needlenose and regular pliers and the Super Tool 300 was the first tool that Leatherman came out with that had replaceable 154CM cutters in the plier head. It has a hard wire notch and at the underside of the pivot is a stranded wire cutter. There was a regular cap crimper model but it was discontinued for an EOD version cap crimper.
- The Super Tool 300 was a throwback to the earlier Leatherman line and this version did away with the box style and Zytel handles of the Core. It is similar in size and shape to the Super Tool 200 with stainless steel handles with rolled edges designed for comfort and a push tab locking system. This was also the first model that had cut outs in the handle so you could access the two knife blades even with gloves on.
154CM Replaceable Wire Cutters
154CM Replaceable Hard-wire Cutters
420HC Serrated Knife
Awl w/ Thread Loop
Ruler (9 in | 22 cm)
- The saw has a polished finish but the rest of the tools have a bead blast finish. All tools are locking.
- The Super Tool 300 has a push tab style locking system.
- The Super Tool 300 came with a black leather like sheath with a flap and a snap with the Leatherman symbol was stamped toward the bottom in yellow. There was also a black pancake sheath with Velcro closure.
- Length open = 7 inch/17.8 cm
- Length closed = 4.5 in | 11.5 cm
- Width closed = 1.5 inch/3.8
- Thickness = 0.75 inch/1.9
- Weight = 9.6 oz | 272.15 g
- The Super Tool 300 comes in stainless steel and in black oxide. Plus stainless and black oxide cap crimper models and there was also a EOD version that came with a C4 spike, combo knife blade and a T-shanks blade exchanger instead of 2 separate knife blades and a file . The regular cap crimper model was discontinued in favor of the EOD model. Also in 2013 Leatherman released a 30th Anniversary Super Tool 300 model. There is also a Texas Toolcrafter custom gold plated version that is similar to the Rebar version as well.
- Introduced in September 2009. Made in the USA. Still in production.
- The Super Tool 300 has many relatives. The original Super Tool, Super Tool 200 and Core are earlier version of the 300. The Rebar is a 4 inch (closed) version of it. The new Surge and MUT both share the same plier head with it. The whole Zytel line share simlar push tab locks Blast, Fuse and Kick. The knurled screws it is put together with make it related to all the vintage line of Leatherman tools like the PST, PST II, Mini-Tool, Micra and even the Flair and Pulse.
- The Super Tool 300 Review at Multitool.org
- Super Tool 300 Owners Club- in the Multitool.org forums
- The Larger Leatherman Family- in the Multitool.org forums
- Little Boy and Fat Man- in the Multitool.org forums
- BREAKING NEWS! LATEST FROM LEATHERMAN!''- in the Multitool.org forums"
- The Super Tool 300 Leatherman Website